So you want to be a freelance writer.
But maybe you don’t know where to start. Where would you even find clients? Is the money you can earn from writing worth your time? There must be something to the starving artist rumor, after all.
Where would you even find clients? Is the money you can earn from writing worth your time? There must be something to the starving artist rumor, after all.
But that’s not necessarily true.
I hope you’re ready to have your mind blown. In today’s episode, I brought Pooja from Well Paid Writers on to talk on landing your first clients (it’s not as hard as you think), becoming a well-paid writer and some specific tactics you can use to get started.
I have tried many of Pooja’s tactics you’ll learn about in this interview to test them out for you guys, and they definitely work. So buckle up!
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How to get started in freelance writing
- How to find your first few clients
- Why you are a marketer if you’re a writer and you can’t separate the two
- Why you need to shift your mindset and prove to yourself you can make money freelancing
- What the difference is between push and pull marketing and what is best for where you are now
- Why you need a niche to write in, and how to find one
- Why writing for free is actually a really good idea
- Where to start:
Mentioned in This Show:
- Pooja’s free course to help you make your first $1,000 from freelance writing
Pooja’s freelance business, Damn Fine Writing
- Monday’s blog post: The Bulletproof Guide to Launching a Successful Freelance Writing Career
- Pooja’s blog post: How I Made Over $7500 From One Email as a Freelance Writer
- Serious Bloggers Only
- Unsettle’s Free Course
- Elance, Fiverr, oDesk
- How to be a Well Paid Writer: Pooja’s blog post where she talks about her LinkedIn strategy
Thanks For Tuning In!
Thank you so much for listening in and making me a little part of your day.
If you enjoyed this episode I’d love if you could share it on Facebook or Twitter using the buttons to the left.
If you have some feedback you’d like to share with me, Pooja or the community, feel free to leave a comment in the comments section below.
Most importantly, please please leave a review for the Unsettle Podcast on iTunes.
Every single review counts, and they are not only super helpful but also very much appreciated, because they help me make the podcast better, and help with the rankings of the show in iTunes.
Thank you so much to Pooja for joining me!