I’m so excited to publish this episode with Jeff Goins about finding and pursuing your calling, the future of work, and how to allocate your resources to make the most impact.
Jeff just launched an amazing book called The Art of Work, where he writes about a lot of the topics we cover on Unsettle: finding what you’re meant to do, mentorships, listening to your life and doing something meaningful.
And I’m so honored Jeff decided to join me on the Unsettle Podcast to go over some of these themes.
I also have a few copies of The Art of Work to give away to three people who leave reviews on iTunes for the Unsettle podcast. Head on over to iTunes now to leave review to be entered to win =)
Click Here to Subscribe to find out about how to build a career out of your calling (and find out what it is).
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- What a “calling” really is
- Whether following your calling always has to have something to do with your career
- The entrepreneur’s tendency to make your whole life about your work at the expense of your relationships
- What to do when you know what your calling is, but don’t have the resources to pursue it
- [Tweet “What makes a life extraordinary aren’t the chances we get, but what we do with them (via @jeffgoins on the Unsettle Podcast: http://unsettle.org/find-your-calling/”]
- How to allocate your resources to maximize the effect of them
- Whether people will know when they find their calling
- How to find the crucial community to help support you through the process of following your calling
- How to find mentors, and the different relationships that make up a community
- What the future of work is, and why you need to combine a variety of skills in a unique way that provides value
- How to “do it all”, and manage many projects so they’ll work for you later on without your attention.
Mentioned in This Show:
- Jeff’s new book, The Art of Work
- The Painful Unspoken Truth About Building Something You Love
- Take action!
- Chris Guillebeau at The Art of Nonconformity
- Amy Porterfield (find her podcast here)
- Jeff’s podcast: The Portfolio Life
- Jeff’s blog: Goinswriter.com
- Frederick Buechner on listening to your life
- Seth Godin on how careers are a series of projects
- Jeff’s eBook on Noisetrade.com
Thanks For Tuning In!
Thank you so much for listening in and making me a little part of your day.
If you enjoyed this episode I’d love if you could share it on Facebook or Twitter using the buttons to the left.
If you have some feedback you’d like to share with myself, Jeff or the community, feel free to leave a comment in the comments section below.
Most importantly, please please leave a review for the Unsettle Podcast on iTunes.
Every single review counts, and they are not only super helpful but also very much appreciated, because they help me make the podcast better, and help with the rankings of the show in iTunes.
If you have questions you want me to ask a guest or answer in a future podcast episode, press the “Leave a Voicemail” button the right.
Thank you so much to Jeff for joining me!